Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wed Jun 20

Hey Mom and Dad!!! I hope your having an amazing time in Europe. I hope you take lots of pictures. Well I wrote you a letter but i think you left the day it got home. But anyways, thanks for the package and card. I opened the card during class the other day and the music went off. We all thought it was really funny. Well, This is techinally my second week here but im in my 3rd according to their scheduale. I leave for the Island at 3:00a.m on wendsday. We then have flights from SLC to Dallas/Fort Worth, TX. Then to Miami, Fl. THen to Santo Domingo. At 6:00 am we leave SLC and arrive in Santo Domingo at 6:30 P.M. The MTC is a really neat place. I have enjoyed it very much. The food is amazing and you really are never hungry. I really enjoy my Teachers and My district. I was made the District Leader for our distrit of 8 Guys and 3 Girls. They are a rowdy bunch and I have to get on them a lot in the night. But its fun to have some fun elders. Everyone in our distict except for my companion and I are going to San Antonio. When I was set apart the Girl that was before us Sister Faulkner, is in my district. What a small world. ahaha. Well I saw Preston and Austin alot and also Kellee Walker. They all left last wendesday though.The language is coming pretty good. Within a couple days we could pray in spanish and testify. I can do all sorts of stuff now but We are concentrating most on Preach my gospel and the lessons. I love Preach my Gospel. Its the coolest book ever, other thatn the BOM. I've learned so much so far and am really gaining a super testimony of the gospel. My companoion is Elder Merrill, hes from Albany, Oregon. We actually were in a English 111 class at BYU-I together. He loves music and is very different then me. we clash a littlte and he gets to me sometimes but I try my best to make the best of it. He is the complkete opposite of what I want. But thats probably what I need. I need more patience and I think the lord is telling me that. Hes messy forgets tons of stuff so we have to go back and get it. Corrects me and sings all the time. But other than that I love the MTC and cant wait to get to the Santo Domingo MTC. I feel that Ive grown and Im glad i was given the opportunity to be the District leader. Since Ive been here Ive gained a greater respect for my Patriartical Blessing. I feel that every thing is coming true and is as planed. Ive really gained more in the understanding of the scriptures and of The gospel.Elder Uchdorf and Elder Christenson have talked to us in our 2 devotionals. I could really feel the spirit there. Its so cool to havew the spirit here alot. It seems as though there is no time. We wake up class, study eat. thats all we do. the days go by slow but the weeks fly by. I have attended the Provo temple last week adn will go again. It was a really sweet temple and a lot bigger than the Boise one. Its really cool to be a missionary but Its also in the back of my mind of wehat Im going to be or do when I get done with my mission. But dont worry I m focused. Im one of the better missonaries there are here. I really do understand what bad missisonarys are now. And it seems that the dorms are just like college dorms. Because the kids are really not mature, do stupid things and It dosnt really feel like a sacred place all the time. It gets to me how much diffrent I am from them. Their not bad kids but they, do things diffrently. And I belive that they can be a lot better. I just dont think they get why there there and who there serving. I usually am low key and sit in my room, write in my journal, or read the scripturtes. I think the postion of DL has made me keep in line and set the good example. The guy you knew before would be going nuts and crazy just like the others but I think Ive really grasped the concept of life and how were supposed to be. I really dont care about anything other than the gospel now. Its really weird but I think its awesome.Well I dont know when Im going to talk to you again with all the traveling and when you get this but Im guessing in 2 weeks because Im traveling next wendsday on my p day. So just be alerted. Ill see what i can do weith the mission preident. Ill also watch out for deven todayI am so thankful for your guidences and love as I was growing up. You really made me into a good elder, missonary and leader. I love you tonsElder Anderson

No comments: