Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hey

Hey Everyone,
 
Well i´m officially in my first area. >Im in the Bani Area or city. But i´´m serving in a little city called Nizao. OUr apartment is pretty small which we have 4 people in. Our room is litterly the size of a large closet. The p`lace is super dirty. When <I got their I really wanted to leave. But i can adapt. It was horrible. They had all the doors and windows opened. Even at night when you shut them they still have cracks in them they look more like blinds than window. OUr heads are also right next to it. We sleep will the doors open to cool the house off. >So pretty much were living in in the outside. Anything and >I mean anything can get in. Last night was my first night and I didn't have a mosquito net. So I was freaked out of my mind of what things were going to crawl on me and live with me in the night. But We have fans so they keep us cool and the bugs off. Supposeivly. hahah. Last night around 4 in the morning I heard something scratching and trying to get the though the öpen window next to my head. It turns out it was a rat trying to get in. but My companion and >I hit the window a couple times so it went away. After that i couldnt go to bed 1st because i was scared and 2nd the fan shut off so it was boiling in our room. This is because the power works only half the time here. Its horrible for hours without electricity. ´We do have a shower but its purely cold water and their is no shower curtain because their isnt even a rod. We cant put toilet paper in he toilet either so we put it in the trash. The kitchen I wont go into but Mom you probably would cry. Lets just say their is more stuff then the 4 humans... hahhaha but all is well. My companion is so cool the best so far we will do great. His name is Elder Macy, he is from Cincinnati ohio. He is a blast. He just got done being a zone leader for 6 months and now  has 3 months left He comes home when Drew does. So here in my second day in the field or campo en espanol I really will appreciate everything in the future. I hope each of you can think of everything and be grateful. Its sad to see the things i do here but now I can be a more patient and thankful person. Sorry if this sounds gloomy but dont get me wrong. I bought a mosquito net and now my first night is done and after tons of cleaning. I think ill enjoy it here. I was also told i will most likely be in hte same place for 6 months. thaats a 4th of my mision. This is awesome and >I love the work. I love my lord Jesus Christ and Im glad to here everyone is fine. I pray for you everynight. I love you. I cant wait to here form you.
 
P.S. My pday was swithced to tuesdays so I will read and email back on tuesday.
Adios
 
Elder Anderson


See what you're getting into…before you go there See it!

No comments: