Monday, October 6, 2008

Hato Nuevo

WOW!!!! I loved confrence. It was amazing. I came out of confrence with a new life and new meaning to everything. I just realized that Jesus Christ is resembled in all the 15 apostles. We cant see the face of Jesus Christ, but we have these witnesses that we can see and hear. It is really amazing that those men emplifiy the attributes of Christ. I really want to be a great example. I am really trying to follow the rules. The president is really hitting hard on the people who disobey the rules. Im so grateful that I have keep strong during the first part of my mission. The mission was in apostasy. But know we are almost out and reciveing the blessings of being great missionaries. I have always had the mindset of being a exaordanairy maniac missionary. I have really tried my best to set a good example and it works. Many people dont want to do the right things here but they respect me and I help them to make a better choice. Im so glad that Im here on my mission and for all the support I have. It is such a great experiance. It seems as though the missionaries are the life of the members here. They always talk about the missionarie that have passed by. Im honored to be one of their favorites wherever I go. I love this people and feel as I as one of them. During confrence I just hung out with 5 other Dominicans. I was laughing and having a great time. I actually convinced a couple people that I was from Columbia. Later one I would tell them the truth. These people are great. I have so many close friends. But one thing is that the church is the same. No matter where we go. There only is one prophet and 1 church. I know that this church is unified. That is because we are under Chrsit. I felt very impressed when President Monson said that the first Presidency is completly unified under Christ. We too as individuals and as families, be unified under Christ. That is the key to Exaltaion. To be one with the spirit which leads to Christ. I feel as if I have changed so much in so little time. I feel that i give more service, that i am less selfish, that I dont have anger when things go wrong. Drew sent me a letter about a year ago which has greatly affected my mission. He said to never have a bad day. From that day I cant remember once having a bad day. Why be mad when we have so much to be grateful for. Im so happy. I have GOd and his Son. I have the Restored Gospel. I am sealed to the best family on Earth, and I have my friends. I live. Everyday I have one more chance to find the next Stake President. Every day I have the chance to lead others to their salvation. I love being a messenger og God. But it dosnt stop as missionaries. We are all disciples of Christ and we should act like it. We are so happy, but look at all the people around us. Their happiness will end. We should be happy when everyone else is not. Preach the Gospel, Set an Example, Be the Best we can be. We only live once. Every second has an end. What are we going to do with this second. We cant have it again. Our Investigator are really cool her. We already have a baptismal date with a Lady and her daughter. We will put 4 more in the next couple of weeks. We also are trying to get 2 families married so they can be baptized. I feel great about hte work here. There are about 65% Haitian here it is the most black people I have seen. ANd they are black. This area is really countrylike but it is in the Capital. It is more country than Nizao and Ocoa. And that says a ton. ahhaha.Elder Vasquez is awesome. HE is a fun Dominican. We always are laughing and having a great time. HE knows a ton about hte gospel. I am learing even more about hte language and I am teaching his English. He is really learning a ton. I can tell we are going to be great friends. I Love you all and wish you the best of Luck.
 
 
Elder Spencer Anderson

No comments: