Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone,
 
Im writing today because we had p day today instead of tommorow. Tommorow are interviews with the President. Im really excited. I always love to take to the President and have a little more excitment to go work a littler harder and a little longer. Right now I love my area. Elder Russell is really coming around. I heard from the assistants that the President was scared putting me with him but that I could also help him turn around. I think the latter is working. This week we taught the most lessons I have taught in my mission and we put 2 baptismals dates. My legs are starting to get weary but I know that the Lord will give me stregnth. He always does. Elder Russell and I are really working well together though, we love to talk and joke around with eachother but we know when its time to be serious. I think thats why we are working well together because we are having fun and also becoming sucessfull. Today we played a little basketball and talk with the Zone to get a little more united. There are 3 of the 5 elders in my group that are in my zone. I think thats really cool that they can be with me and we can share stories and sucess. Also my old Zone Leader is in the Zone. I really look up to him and I learned tons from him. Well we watched the World Wide Leadership broadcast and I learned tons. I learned of many things that I can use about the family. The Family rarely exists. Usually it is unmarried couples with children or no man at all. It is hard for the work to progress because we need men to be holders of the priesthood and also for them to be married by the law. Their is something here that they call " Married by the Window" this means that they are Husband and Wife but with out the civil papers. So technecally they arent married and so this is a goal for many families to get married.  This next week we are going to try and have 3 more baptismal dates. Well I love spanish and love the people. I can talk with anyone now and have got nice compliments. Actually people have said that I have better spanish then Elder Russell, but I dont think so. I still have tons to learn. I love reading the scriptures. Especially the Book of Mormon. It really is beautiful and I find new things every time that I read it. Well I what you all to know that We are working hard here and we are trying hard to reach our goals. I hope you all have a nice week.
 
 
Elder Spudwick


Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.

3 comments:

Becca Jones said...

Elder A!
Keep up the good work & have a super sweet Valentines Day! :) Ha ha. Just remember that SO MANY people love you and love that you're serving the Lord on your mission! Can't wait to see you again!
-Becca Jones

Unknown said...

SPUD!!

so i made one of these things so now i can comment on your blog. I miss you! how are you?

Tommy said...

Elder Spudpoop,

So I'm in Zurich, Switzerland doing e-mails right now. That's right, I said it. Hope life is sweet as a Dominican. I don't know if your mission president is cool with it, but mine is, so e-mail me if you can at tjrowley4@myldsmail.net. Friede aus.

Elder Rowley