Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Im Stoked

Im really stoked to be a misionary now. I get to feel and see things that I never could have at home. This is an awesome experiance and Im grateful for the opportunity to serve here in the DR. Los Alcarrizos is treating me well. Today was tranfers and Im going to be with Elder Russell for 6 more week. Im really looking forward to it. We are working really hard and have have many new familys. Yesterday we were contacting and found a lady talking with a neighbor. She invited us to sit down in her patio. We gladly recived her generosity. We explined who we were and what our message is. She said that 2 years ago they recived many lessons. THe dad and the oldest son were really interested. But one day they stopped coming. Im guessing the area was whitewashed and 2 new missionaries came in. Im really learning the inportance of record keeping and how much it can affect others lives. Elder Russell and I update our records about every night. It really is important to plan goals to. Im learning many things about putting reasonable goals and then meeting them. It is also very neat to strech ourselves and make something great happen. I really am a beliver of miricles now. Just the little miricles that we dont realize and very beautiful. Im really learned to look with new eyes.Im continuing to learn more and more words in spanish. Im trying 9 words or verbs a day. Im actually starting to think that when i come home I will minor in Spanish. It really is a beautiful language. I love to speak it and always learn something new. I have also learned many things about English and how it works. English is cool but Spanish is more beautiful. HAHHAH Im really looking forward to speaking with Dad and speaking Spanish. Well thats just about It. It was hard not being at home for Drew´s wedding but Im a man and Ill get over it. It really is diffrent having everyone grow up. Now im on the ticker. aaaaahhhhhh. DOnt worry about me. I still think girls have kuddies. hahahah. I love you all.

Elder Spencer William Anderson

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

Spencer!
Glad to hear you're doing well! I'm always so excited on Wednesdays to check my blog and see if you've written anything! I love it! Keep up the good work!
Love ya!
-Becca Jones
P.S. Spencer does think girls have cooties.... :)