Wednesday, March 26, 2008

La Republica Dominicana

Hello everyone. Im doing great here in the Dominican Republic. Its amazing being a missionary. Its also really cool that I know spanish. I love to speak it. Im going to work really hard on my spanish so that i can master it. I want the people here to think I´m one of them. HAHHA. Im so glad to get emails from every one of you. They really help me get along. I love hearing all the sories you have. Well I dont have too much to say because last week was Semana Santo or in English Holy Week. It is the week that leads up to Easter. It also means that everyone from the capital goes to the beach or the Country to party. So our numbers went down. But all is well. We found an awesome family that I´m really excited to be teaching. They really have an intrest and keep on asking us about the church. They are really excited to attend. There are 2 things that missionaries love: When people go to church and when they are baptized and confirmed. It really is a joy to me to see these saints of God come to church. I really feel love for them and it is a beautiful feeling. Today we went to the temple. It is so amazing. I really payed attention to every little detail. It is amazing how much we learn. If we go with a question, I know that it will be anwsered. The Temple here is so huge and beautiful. It really reminds me of my house in Boise. It is very clean and very quiet. I love how everything is perfect in this gospel. I love to teach it to the people. It really changes peoples live. Well I love you all and wish you the best. Elder Russell and I will keep doing the work of the lord here and Hope you can too.

Elder The Spud Man Anderson

P.S. After the temple our district went to the CCM or the MTC here to look at the new Greenies coming to the DR. To my surprise I saw my old roomate from college. His name is Clint Earl. It was sweet. I couldnt belive it. He is going to Santiago or the North Mission so I wont see him. But we will experiance the same things in this Awesome Place. I told him some tips and how the Mission really is. HAHHAH

No comments: