Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Temple Trip!!!

Hey everyone!!!! Im loving being a missionary. I love waking up everyday knowing that Im in the service of the Almighty God. I have grown to love him so much. Today our zone of 20 plus missionaries went to the Temple. The Temple here in the Dominican Republic is so beautiful. I also love being in air conditioning for a little bit. hahahha. I really love the peace in the tempe though. It really does lift all the berdens off my back. I can sit back, relax and learn more of the plan that God has for us. While I was sitting and thinking I learned many new things about the creation. It was an amazing experiance. As of two weeks ago, there was a fraud on my mission card. all my money was taken. So I had a little bit saved in cash but that quickly went out.  This last week I was living of nothing. I had 0 pesos. It was super hard. I felt horrible for being even poorer than the people here. It really is hard for the people. I have been so blessed in my life. I have had everything at my fingertips. BUt you´ll never realize it, until its not there. Well thats about all that has happed for awile. OUr area is a little slow but it is picking up pace. We are contacting tons and tons. But we have found some really cool people. I love you all and can´t wait to read you letters.
 
Elder Spud

2 comments:

Arica said...

It's amazing how much the temple can help us...even if we're just sitting still and pondering! :) I'm glad you had a good time...I hope to visit at least one foreign temple in my life time.
Heart,
Arica

Becca Jones said...

Spencer!
Come home already! I miss you so much! Everytime I read your letters I can hear your voice saying and it makes me miss you even more! I'm so glad that you're loving everything about your mission. Keep up the good work and know that there are so many people out there who LOVE you!
Miss and love you so much,
-Becca Jones