Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Whats going on!!!

Hello Everyone,
 
Well On tuesday we had our last interviews with President Bair. He will leave the island the 30th. I have learned so much from him. I hope someday I will be able to live up to his stature. He has been a great mission president and I really respect him. Im really excited to recieve the new mission president, President Almonte. I´m sure he will be great. Well I have been dealing with a little money problem here in the mission. There was fruad on a third of the missionaries mission cards over the past couple weeks. I was at the point were I had 5 pesos and I was scrapping for the rest. Luckely the office gave me a loan of money until my new card comes. I have learned so much of how thankful I am for money and just enough to live. Many of the people here live like that everyday. What they get the day before or the same day is how much they eat. I have been so blessed here on my mission. I am continually learning about how presious life is. It is a miracle. I am so thankful for the family I have. They are so presious. I pray for them by name, everynight. I also pray for my friends, and that they can have sucess and security as I am gone. I miss all of you but at the same time I am much more excited to be here on this island teaching these people repentance. I love this gospel. It fills my lofe. I hope I can be able to be an influance for good where ever I go. I know I can help make diffrences and help changes peoples lives. I have learned how to really love and serve others, how to become unselfish, and how to be a leader and friend. This truly is a marvelous work and a wonder. I am sure that I will be as a stone thrown in a pond. THe Ripples will start small, but then will soon ripple out and cover a huge expanse. Sometimes it is hard to see the big picture or the better good. Right now it is a little rough with my companion. He is really homesick and wants to go home. He dosn´t want to work much also. I know that this is hard sometimes but I have learned much about enduring to the end. If someone else dosnt want to be there that sure as heck aint gonna stop me. I love this work. I love my Savior. I will work till my legs go out. I know that I will be blessed for my work and that I will continue to better myself. That is the true ´purpose of thius life. To make decisions and then to learn from them. We have so many examples to follow, such as, Jesus Christ, The Prophet, Leaders of the Church adn Parents. They are here to help and guide us. We have the scriptures to give us the knowledge of Eternal life. Especially the Book of Mormon, this book was written for this day. To help us have the fulness of the Gospel and another testament of Jesus Christ. I love you all and I hope that God will bless and help you.
 
 
Elder Spencer SPUD Anderson

2 comments:

Becca Jones said...

Spencer-
That post brought tears to my eyes. Your testimony of the gospel is so strong I know that mine has grown from hearing you bear yours. My heart is full and I'm so glad you are feeling the Spirit everyday. Thank you for the prayers, that means so much to me. I love and admire you so much!
Praying for you too,
Becca Jones

Arica said...

There is always light at the end of the tunnel...the hard part is when you can't see it...keep in mind that it's still there! You're doing great Spence....and I'm so happy you have the knowledge that the little seeds you plant may not grow for some time...we do all we can and let God make up the rest. We all need to remember that in our every day lives...whatever it is we're going through things will get better. I know when we turn to Jesus Christ that is when the tunnel gets brighter and we can see that light we're searching for. Thank you for being AmAzInG!
love,
Arica Page