Monday, April 20, 2009

MILAGROS

I am so EXCITED about this work. It keeps getting better and better. IN the last month we baptised 11 people and in this next month of May we have scheduled 19 people. It is amazing. The branch is growing like crazy. We are really trying to help them understand the importance of the work. Yesterday we had a Branch Council and we talk with all the leaders in the church. We had great disscitions and we made progress. We are no longer counting other lessons with investigaotrs but  only lessons with a member present. If we want progress in the Church we must Baptize and Retain the people in the church. We baptize as missionjarie and the retaining  is up to the members. If we leave everyday with only members we will have so much of a greater effect here. Also in this next week I know will will recieve many references from them. IN church the number of people in sacrament meeting went from 100 to 130. The members were awe struck. They were so happy to see what is going on. The Branch President came up to me and gave me a huge hug and thanked me. I quickly reminded him that it is God and that he is pleased with us. BUt that we should continue and not stop. I promised the Branch that with their help they would have way over 200 people in Sacrament Meeting before the end of the year. We figure that at the rate at which we are working we will have 100 baptisms in 5 to 6 months. We insisted that they work to be the first Ward in the District in the mission. It is possible but with much faith.
 
Yesturday in church we ahd 18 people in church. For the investigators class we had to open up the dividers and use 2 rooms. It was full to the brim. The members kept looking in to see for their own eyes what was happening. They have never seen it before.
Im so grateful for this missionary calling and for the mission I accepted. It has been a whirlwind but I have learned much from it and have loved it. I continually pray for guidance that my companion and I can Prosper and that the Zone of Barahona can grow. I know that this is the only true church. I know that Jesus is the Christ, Our Savior, and Our Redeemer. I love you all and wish the best to you all. I hope that the April Showers will bring you many flowers.
 
With Much Love and Much SUN!!!!!!
 
Elder Anderson

No comments: