Monday, April 27, 2009

DR TIMES

HALLO,
 
This was a very interesting week. Well first off we were privledged to go to the Temple. It is pretty far from were we are at and the the farthest zone from the Temple. But President said we earned it. I had a great experiance in the Temple. I love it. Everytime I come out with a new truth. So much is there. It is amazing. The Spirit truly testifies in the House of hte Lord. The Spirit of the Promise is so strong because of all the work being done there. The part I most love about the Temple is the Peace. I can tell you that there is no peace here. There is always so thing going on or some noise. The Temple was a real boost for me. A couple days later I was honored to be in another shooting. This time it was the Police. We were walking in the streets as usual then all of a sudden abour 5 police man and motorcycles came out of no where and sarted poiting guns and running. They were looking of someone. On of them took off and the Police started shooting at us. I rubbed up against wall and Was trying to find a crack or a door. Finnnaly the POlice left and we kept preaching. This place is nuts. ahahah. DOnt worry Im almost home. ahahha. A missionary had his appendiz burst on his so I had to stay with him right after his surgery and I was with him for a full day. HIs companion went with minth so we did a switch. He was in a bit of pain. I read him the scriptures and sang to him. I also got a chance to preach a little to the other Patient and his familiy as the Elder slept. It was hard but I had to help him go to the bathroom. I would hate to be in that kind of situation, helpless. He is now in the Mission Presidents house and is going to make a full recovery. On Saturday I went to Enriquillo which is a little town about 2 hours away from Barahona. I Went with one of the missionarys from there to do the interview while the other interview ours. In Enriquillo there is no Church building but a rented out house. SO that means that there is no baptismal font.  We got to do the Baptism in the ocean. It was really cool. On a secluded beach we found a natural pool formation and the waves didnt really get in. So we had the baptismal service right there on the beach and then we did the baptism. It was a really neat experiance. We are going to have almost a complete new zone here in Barahona. 3 Areas were white washed and another pair split up. So we will be getting 7 new missionaries. 2 of them will be trainers. Im really exited for this group of missionaries. It is really weird though. I have now begun my last transfer in the mission. This is it. Im going to run my hardest to the end. Elder Jimenez and I have a goal of 40 baptisms.We already have 18 baptismal dates. Im so excited to be a missionary and Im going to live and work the best I can. My strength is in the Lord. I love this work and wish the best for all of you.
 
 
Elder Spencer Anderson

No comments: