Monday, May 4, 2009

Una semana grande.

Today was a holiday here in the DR. It was their labor day. So it was really hard to get into the internet. Elder Jimenez and I have been deeply blessed for our hard work and sacrifices. It is amazing what miricles can happen as we follow God´s will. Being obedient to all his commandments gives us spiritual power and we recieve many blessings. I love this Area in Barahona. I know the Lord wanted me too come here to Barahona and do a great work. I really didn´t know what to think when President Almonte changed his minded on me being a field Assistent and placed me in the least producing Zone in the mission. But I know that my thoughts aren´t the Lords thoughts neither are my ways his ways. Now I can see what the Lord saw.  At the end of this transfer we are either going to be the number 1 or 2 zone in the mission. The Distirct of Barahona has changed completly adn is well on its way to becomeing a stake. The faith of the missionaries and apllying what President Almonte has said has given them what it takes to make miricles. As a companionshp we had a great week this last week as we had 4 bautismos. Everyone of them has come from past family members baptisms. We worked really hard this week as we only teach lessons with members present. It makes so much of a difference to be with members who they know or members that can help them progress. From doing that the Lord enabled us to have 12 investigators in church on Sunday. We currently have 15 investigators with baptismal dates for this month of May and we are not going to stop there. We are continually meeting and preparing many faithful familiys and individuals. This next week we are going to have a huge week with 9 baptisms. When the president of the branch announced that, all the members gasped and started whispering and excitment filled the air. The progress we have had here in this area has been incredible. The numbers in the church has grown tremendously, all sights of apostasy have being taken out and order is being established.We have had more than one baptism every week for the past 3 months. What we have learned is that we are to work in the manner of the Lord and by his power. I know that by the power of prayer hearts may be softened and changed. What I have seen as a missionary is that everyone can changed. The Lord´s restored Gospel heals the wounded and the weak. It blessed the lives of all the people that accept it. You can see the differnce in their eyes and their countinence shines above all other things. If our eyes are pure then are hearts are pure and we will spread light unto others. I invite all of you and I to live a little more rightously and to have pure hearts so that the Spirit can work through us to bless the lives of others. We have many great plans and goals this week and we are excited about all the work we have to do this week.
 
I love you all and miss you all. I hope to be able to speak to as many of you as I can on Mothers Day. It will be very memorable.
 
Elder Spencer Anderson

No comments: