Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hello

Hey everyone. I´m so thankful for your emails. I love them. Well the DR is pretty much dry now. A couple of hte missioaries home were totaled but ours just had a little water. We have been without water for a week now. So we shower and get water from the well under the chapel. We are taking bucket showers. Its actually fun. Except of the walk. We had zone confrence yesturday and it was awesome. I directed the music. The President and i are getting closer and closer here. Because i have the most time in nizao. Well in ZC we learned about the importance of using the Book of Mormon in our teaching more. It is the keystone and we need to use it. The world has the bible and so we need to share with them the restored truths. Im learning a lot about the gospel and gaining a stonger testimony of our church. Ive heard lots of diffrent religions here adn all are well false. Im doing very well in spanish. It really is a gift from God. I know a lot and its all because of hime. Through my study and prayer adn Gods divine intervention we can do all things. Ive learned through sincire prayed god wioll give us our desires, if it is the will of god. We are really trying to get our investigators to do that and pray with faith. Im now living with 3 lations. 2 Dominicans and a mexican. Elder Gonzalez is mexican and has one month more than me in his mission. But he has been in te field more because he knows the language. It is very hard living with them and we butt heads a lot. But im praying for patience. We have worked diffrently in our passeds adn now need to both change. But for the weather, everything is about the same. Its dry and we still have showers but it does rain a lot in Nizao. Some of the roads are damaged but life goes on. The Dominicans have leared to deal with tough times. I love the people here and we are having lots of sucess here. Elder Macy and I worked hard here adn know we are seeing the Benefits. We have 4 baptismal dates in the upcoming weeks adn they are awesome. Im so thankful for the opportunity to serve the lord. Im learning so much. My testimony has been strenthed so much. I love you all and look forward to your letters next week. I hope you all have a fun week. I love you.

Elder Spud

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

Spencer!

Thanks for your e-mail! It was wonderful! I love having this blog so I can see what you're up too! You're a wonderful missionary! Keep loving the work and the people! Miss you and can't wait to be back at BYU-I with you again!

-Becca

P.S. It's actually nice, it's been like 55 all week! :)