Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The DR is pretty Sweet

Hello Everyone, How was your Thanksgiving. Their wasnt much of a Thanksgiving here in the DR because they dont have one. I´m sure it was just awesome and the food was great. Even though I wasnt there to give my thanks this Thanksgiving, I want to say thank you for all the support I have gotten in my mission. I know that I am loved and that I feel your prayers everyday. I pray always for you and I hope you have a great holidays, Especially with Christmas coming up. Im so thankful for my family, friends, my Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ. Those are the people who I love the most. They are my life. Again I love you all and I know the DR is the mission for me. Im blessed more than I know. I´ve learned so much in my mission. It is such a great experiance. I wish you all could be here. Well All is well here in Nizao. The Branch is awesome and I love the Presidency and the members. I had a little bit of ¨The Gripey¨ as they call it here. But it is pretty much a little cold. I only had it for 4 days. But Im pretty much well now. I got it from my companion. He got it from the Hurricane. It was bound to happen since were always together and close. BUt all is good now. Our Investigators are doing great. Leo continues to change me. He has such a strong testimony of the church and the Book of Mormon. The other day he was talking to us and He told us that Captian Moroni was 25 years when he took over command of the Armies of the Nefites. I dont know how many members or missionaries know that but that is amazing. He continues always in teaching us about the Book of Mormon. He always reads and knows so much of it. We have a new investigator his name is Macae, he has talked with the missoionaries before and really whats to know everything. His brother just passed away and also an uncle. He loves what we say adn Friday we are going to awnser all his questions with the Plan of salvation. Raudy and Lidi are a beutiful family with 3 kids. They are always asking questions and love our messages. They know this is the true church but it is hard for them to come to church. He broke his leg 2 years ago and just recently had surguy on it. He can walk more and more everyday and soon he will be able to come to church. Celia is an awesome investigator who always comes to church but is going to seperate from her husband. This is her great challenge. She wasnt to be baptized but needs to comply with the law of Chastity. She was going to do this before we met her because he Drinks a lot. There is a huge problem with drinking in Nizao. Calin is another investigator of Gold. But he needs to be married. He is working on a date for that. But his Mother is really sick so were trying to help him in this tough time. We are really trying to focus on References and Having lessons with Member present. Ive really developed a love for christlike attributes. Ive learning a lot about patience and developing christlike love. Im continually striving to be better adn to be obedient. There are lots of Tigre or nonobedient missionaries here. Im trying to be an example because that is what the Lord asks for.I love you all and thanks for your Emails and love. I hope you have an aweomse week after Thanksgiving and continue to have and give thanks to everyone.

Elder Anderson

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

Elder Anderson!

This was my favorite post of all time! You're so sweet! My Thanksgiving was wonderful- I went to Hawaii with my family! So, I was just like you in beautiful weather. It's freezing in Rexburg right now, but I'm just waiting for it to get worse! Keep up the good work. I'm praying for you and your investigators, so hopefully you'll feel Heavenly Fathers love in your life, and they can feel it in thiers. Thanks for you example! Watch the mail for a fun holiday surprise! :)
Love,
Becca Jones