Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Saludos de La Republica Dominicana

Hello Everyone,
Im doing great here. Im on a mission. This week was awesome, we had 6 investigators in the church on sunday. Dani and Altemis a family came together. They loved it. Also Raudy and his Kid Raudito came for the 3rd time. We also had Daniel and a new investigator Wilson in teh church. We had an investigators class for the 2nd hour in church and they were all participating and learned much from the lesson. All of them are either family or friends. I think that will help them as they progress in the gospel. I love the family of Dani and Altemis, They have a baptismal date for February so im a little bummed that I wont be there but Im really excited for them. We had a great lesson on the Word of Wisdom. Dani drinks so we focused on him and his problem with Alcohol. He said he would fulfill his commitment and wants to change. Altemis drinks a little but what is really neat is that 6 months ago she quit drinking coffee on her own. She KNEW it was bad and so after a while through much pain she quit. Yesturday we found out that they were reading the new manual of Joseph Smith. I am really excited to see where they will go in the gospel. Raudy and his son Raudito are always in the church but the wife Lidi came the first time adn hasnt come back. This wek we are going to put a goal with the entire family to be baptized. The uncle of Raudy is Daniel. HE also has a baptismal date. We have a new Investigator we are teaching. His name is Wilson. He is in a wheel chair adn his body has been disabled for his whole life. His brother adn 2 sisters are very active members. He has been coming to church for years but noone has known that he wasnt a member. Ravel his brother asked us to teach him. We gladly accepted. Wilson is really neat and has a ton of excitement for the lessons and cant wait for the next one. I have also been through something new as the Sister of Perla one of our investigators died in a car crash and also The father of 2 of our investigators which is also the grandpa of a less active member passed away. This is something new for me to deal with but I really belive the lord works in mysterious ways and thta he is humbling them adn helping them to remember him. Today adn tommorow we will visit them repectivly and remind them about the plan of salvation. I have learned so much about this plan and how beautiful it is. It is a blessing to have this knowledge adn this plan at our fingertips. I am really seeing the importance of this work adn how we have much work to do. NOt only for the people in the world but for the people who have passed on. It really is neat how I am progressing in the gospel and am starting to figure this life out. Also one of our recent converts Morena is getting divorced from her husband. It is really hard for her and also for us. Im so grateful for this gospel and how we can be happier with it guiding our lives. Well This is my last week in the famous and awesoem Nizao. I will be transfered this next Wendsday the 23. I will deeply miss the little town of Nizao and all the friendly people and investigators. I did what I could do here and now I will have another test and opportunity to serve the Lord in another enviornment. SO my next e mail will be in a diffrent place and with a new companion. I loved having Elder Macy adn then Elder Gonzalez. They were really neat companions. Well I hope all goes well and dont frezzzzzze to much hahahha. Im postitive i will sweat tons for each of you today. hahah.
Oh ya I was pushed the other day. Im surprized I didnt beat the heck out of the drunk guy. So far I have been pushed, spit on and I have been called bad words billions of times in spanish and also in english. ( they know the bad words from movies).

I love ya.

Adios

Elder Anderson

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

Elder!
That is so awsome about all those baptism dates! Don't get down that you wont be able to see them, you're the one who helped them get to that point, which is so important! Keep working hard! Sorry to hear about the rude drunk people running around the D.R. Keep up the good work, and get a TAN for me. It's 2 degrees outside right now..... ha ha.
Love ya!
-Becca Jones