Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Saludos

HOlA!!!! Well my time in Nizao is coming to an end, but the work is exploding now. I really dont want to leave but i cant spend anymore time here. This week we put baptismal dates with the Family of Dani and Altemis. They are awesome. We found them because their daughter was a reference. She isnt really progressing but her mom and dad are. They are awesome. They are reading and understanding the Book of Mormon. We had a great lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and put a goal for a bauptism on February 9th. They are really excited about the Church and want to know much more about the Gospel. We also put a baptismal date with Adrianni. She was a referance of a man in our ward. She is always reading the Book of mormon adn following her commitments. She has gone 2 church 2 time in a row.But we did have a little bad news. We were going to have a baptism this last saturday with Daniel but he came to us all dressed up in sunday clothes and told us he was realñly sick. Its pretty cold here now( For Dominicans!!!! hahaha) He has athsma and it was really bad for him. We gave him a blessing and said everything was okay adn that we would talk about another date for him to be baptized. That night he said he wanted to cry and could sleep because we wanted to be baptized that night. We are working hard with another family here Raudy and Lidi. We were going to put a baptismal date with them this week but they didnt go to church adn we didnt feel right to ask it. We think they need more time. We also had 2 inactive members come back to church. The other Elders in our house are working with the less actives too and had 6 of them in the church. I really feel that something big is happening in Nizao and will happen very soon. We also had a new reference that lives really far away it is 20 minutes from our house walking. That is a huge distance in Nizao . They are awesome. They are a family and have 6 little girls and 1 Boy. The mom, Belky, went to church but the husband Rademes couldnt because the people who own the land they live on was in town to check on things. I really have a great feeling with them. They read the Book of Mormon together and that is a great sign. It sure is worth the trip. We are going to put all the appoinments with them in the morning because we then can use the bikes of the other missionaries. We have been so blessed in this area with great investigators and recent baptisms. Im so grateful for the help and refenences of the branch here. God has helped us such much to find a place for us in the hearts of our investigators. I have grown so close to them and feel that I am a part of their families. I can honestly say that I love this work adn the people. It is wonderful. Im learning so many secrets about life and about being a diciple of Christ. I have learned so much in my little time as a missionary adn that will bless me for my whole life. The things I have seen adn felt in my life I cannot deny that this is the Church of Christ adn that it was restored. I can only describe it as Perfect. Again I love this Area and I wish I could have more time. I dont feel that my work is done. But one thing I have learned is that we need to trust in the lord. I know that a Tesamony goes a long way and that I can still be with the people who I love throughout the eternities. I can only do so much but God does the majority of everything. I can only dream about what lies ahead of me and who else I can help bring in the the Fold. I love my Savior and we are working hard here adn being as obedient as we can. Obedience brings about Miricles.

Elder Spencer Anderson

Ps. I saw something sweet the other day. I saw Chickens get their throuts slashed adn prepared for selling them. HAHHAHAH It was disgusting. An 8 year old was doing all the slashing to. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Becca Jones said...

Spencer! I love to hear from you! It's so amazing that you're doing well! I can't wait to see you and see all your progress! Loving and praying for you!

-Becca Jones

Anonymous said...

Spencer!! I'm sooo happy that you are doing well. You seem to be having a great time and you're testimony is amazing. I hope you know how proud everyone is of you. Keep up the good work. Miss hearing your voice around BYU-I. :)
~Arica Page

MaryAnn said...

Hey Spence~
We just got our Christmas card that we sent to you back - apparently I shouldn't have sent it Pouch. Sorry! Hopefully you can get on our blog and check things out. We're loving your emails and are grateful for your testimony. Love and miss you!