Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Transfers

Well today is tranfers but Elder Russell and I arent leaving. We are going to be together for the 3 straight transfer. So well be together for 4 1/2 months. 3 transfers will test much patience but I think we can pull it out. Elder Russell is finishing his mission with me and is the 2nd missionary that I will have killed. Its a good thing that we get along together well. Our area is a little weak right now because our investigators arent keeping their commitments. I do know that the lord is working on our side because while we were looking for a reference we stopped at the house next door. They said that she had moved to San Cristobal for quite some time. So they asked if we would come in. It turns out they had the missionaries over before. It has been 3 or 4 years but they remember they were good people. The father remembered a little of the Jospeh Smith story and also that they had been given the Book of Mormon before. We taught them about the reseration of the church and about the First Vision. That same morning before we left, as we were praying I thought to bring a Book of Mormon with us. It turns out it was for them. We read the introduction to the Book and he loved it. He was very interested from the Introduction and wanted to know more. He really felt the spirit with us that lesson and we game him some homework. The homework was for him and his family to read the 11th chapter of 3 Nephi as a family. He said that they would be ready to awnser the questions we are going to ask tommorow. They have a beautiful family of 2 boys also. I really now that God works in mysterious ways. I set goals with Elder Russel and I told him that he wasnt going to die lazily but that I was going to work himself to death. I put other mission and personal goals with him. He accepted them and now he wants to go out strong. Im so happy right now to be on a mission and see the change in peoples lives. This is really a great experiance and I wouldnt change it for the world. I know that Jesus lives and that he guides the Church today. I know that my calling here to the Dominican Republic is revelation from God. Im so thatnkful for My family and friends for all that they have done for me. I have been well raised by loving parents and Awesome brothers and sisters. Also my friends are on the list for keeping me in shape. I love you all and am feeling good to be a representative of Jesus Christ.

Elder Spud

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

Keep holding on with Elder Rusell! You're both being blessed for your amazing service!
Love, miss, and think of you often-
Becca Jones