Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Como estan mis familiares?

Heloo Hello my family! Im doing great as usual here in the Ghetto of Santo Domingo. Im a missionary and I love it. It really is neat how I have this opportunity to preach the gospel and be a servent 24 hours everyday for 2 years. The problem is that it goes way to fast. Right now Im trying to live the day to its fullest. Elder Russel and I are working really hard. He's counting the days till he goes home but Im keeping him strong. The Mission President put him with me so that he could die fighting. Im very greatful for this opportunity to be with me. Ive learned many good things from but I also learned many things that I wont miss from him. hahahaha But thats for the after mission talks. Over the last weeks we have been trying to get rid of all the investigators that arent and will not progress. We succeded in getting rid of about all our investigators. It wasnt their time, but im sure they will come to a full knowlegde latter on. I have learned much from my time here. We arent working on our time but the lords. He has a plan set out and we need to follow the plan. If people cannot progress we can do antmore. Sometime we have people who we love and they are great but we are not here for just the friendship. We must continue the work. I have been blessed so much by great leaders in my mission and I have learned much of the gospel from them. Im so thankful for my parents and for the way they raised me. They raised me into a man and I also had help from my beloved brothers and sister. I have so many great examples to follow and learn from. I hope that one day I will be able to become like you. You are the light and power I take with me when I teach. Lately I have been bring a photo book with many pictures of our family and I. I explain that families can be together forever and that they can be happy. I loved to share the conversion story of Dad with the people. I also share the love and Blessings we have as a family sealed in the temple. I love to teach families and help them come unto christ. I have seen families change so much. It is the happiness that keeps me going. Right now we are teaching an amazing family. They are Jesus and Keyna, and their sons are John and Jesusito. They are greatly progressing. They soaked up the Restoration adn the Plan of Salvation. They knew after the first lesson that Josesph was the prophet of the restoration adn that the Book of Mormon was true. It just happens that the day we met them I brought a Book of Mormon in my backpack. We usually dont teach the Book of Mormon the forst day. I felt prompted to Share the Book of Mormon with them. They Loved it. They know its true. A couple of days ago we taught them the 3rd lesson or the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They knew that the had the be baptized so they asked us what they needed to do to be baptized in the middle of the lesson. We gladly told them what was need and they were so happy. But it turns out theat they arent married by the law so they cannot be baptized at theis moment. They are going to try to get married as quick as possible. I have really seen the blessings of God in our Area and Lives. We have benn so blessed and I know that we are doing the Lords work. They lord is always preparing those who will accept the gospel. Sometimes it is only a matter of time.

I love you all so mucho. I pray for you. I Pray that you will have success in your lives and that you will have health. I Miss you all and even though we are very far away from eachother we have one thing in common. We are all praying to our Heavenly Father and that we are all united in him. I feel your prays and know that most of my success is do to you. I love my Savoir and all he has done for me. I thankful to have the Name Anderson as well as Jesus Cristo on my shirt everyday.

Adios

Elder Spencer Anderson

No comments: