Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hello from the Dominican Republic

Well I´m pretty much the happienst person on Earth. I love being a missionary. I have learned so much on my mission and I am very excited to learn more. Even though the famous Elder Russell is going home in a couple of weeks we are working awesome together. We are trying so hard to get this area turned around. This area has been dead for a while but I think the seeds we have planted are begining to grow. Even if we don´t see all hte fruits of our labors here I know that latter on the fruits will be plucked by worthy missionarys when they are ready. Having the vision of this great work has really inspired me. Im thinking on a whole new level and feeling things i never thought I whould feel and see. Im so lucky to have had great leaders in my mission. I also have learned so much from my beloved friends and family too. But most of all I owe all of my sucess to my Savior Jesus Christ. I know he is real and that he is guiding this church today. Everything is perfect and we are growing so fast that it is of the most impressive growth. I have seen so much of the people here in the fielded country of Nizao to the Ghetto of the capital, Los Alcarrizos. Im so eager to see what more I can do for the Lord. I want to serve the Lord so much. I am indebted to him more thatn I can imagine. Lately I have been reading the New Testament. I have read the Book of Matthew of the past couple of days and I have learned so much. Jesus was a great teacher. He had great knowledge. He taught for understanding so that even a child could learn the gospel. I have been trying to implament this in my life. I´m trying to become a better teacher so that The people can understand our message clearly and either accept it or reject it. I love to read the scriptures. I have read so much in my mission. Here in this country we have a Siesta, which means from 12 to 3 noone does anything. They eat a huge meal and go to sleep. During this period I have read so much. As others have slept I have been learning many new things. This last week we have put 2 baptismal dates with 2 people. ONe for the 17th and the other for the 31st ( My Birthday!!!) Im so greatful for their choices and I am so happy for them to take this new and amazing step. We also have been working with a family for the last month very hard. They love the gospel. They love to read from the Book of Mormon. They are deciding a date to get married now. They really what to be baptized so the are taking an important step and are to be married. It is the only thing keeping them from being baptized. I love seeing these people embrase the Gospel. It feels so nice to see that. I cant describe it.

I love you all so much and hope that you all can have a great week. Im really excited to talk to my family this week for Mother´s day and to relax a bit. Your all great and I wish the best.

Elder Spudwick

3 comments:

Arica said...

Hey Elder Spud,
I'm glad to hear that your investigators are getting married in order to get baptized. This gospel is amazing at what it can do for us and change everyone's lives!! Lately I've been pondering a mission in my future. I know it's different for guys and girls to decide but what was it that made you really decide that a mission was for you?
Heart, Arica Page

Becca Jones said...

You were the happiest person on earth before your mission! Your smile and sweet words of encouragement help all of us- not just missionaires- get through our weeks! I love and admire you so much and I'm praying for you everyday!
Love and prayers,
Becca Jones

Anonymous said...

SPENCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!