Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What????

Hey My Fam!!! Well Im officially Russell free now! Today were tranfers but the weird thing is that I wasn't transfered. I was originally going to leave but a missionary from Boise went home early for medical reasons. He has chromes disease. So his companion is Coming with me. His name is Elder Thomas and he is from Northern California. He is really cool. I met him when I was out in the Countryside. He is one of the 3 tigres of the mission. I also recieved Russell. So I have had to of the three Missionaries that are on the edge. I really like Elder Thomas so I think all will be fine. He is Huge 6 foot 4 inches and big, like around 230 lbs. He wrestled and played football for a junior college before and then went to BYU-Idaho for a year. He is really excited to be here and I am excited to see what we can do. We had 3 baptisms last week and It was awesome. We had a great service with talks by Elder Russell and I and Also the Bishop and Sunday School President. All the parents and their families came to the Baptism. Their was a great spirit. IN 2 saturdays we will have another baptism. Im so excited to start over again. I cant belive that my year mark is coming up so quick. Im still a teenager of 19 years. This week I will hit the big 20's. Im freaked out.

Tommorow , Elder Gonzalez who is in the new Presidency of the Seventy will talk to just our mission. Im so excited. Also on the 11th of June Elder Cook of the 12 will come and speak to us also. Im so excited for this transfer.

I also had an awesome experiance that will Blow your minds. SO as Elder Russell and I were saying good by to all the people in this area, We stop by a members house that really liked us. Her daughter is a member, but is inactive because of rumers and how the church likes to spread non true things. OK back to the story. I handed her my little photo book and she took a look. She look at the post card that says Boise, Idaho. She said that she heard a story about people from Boise. She said if I know a LEE BELNAP!!!! I thought I heard her wrong so I asked her what she said. She said If I knew a Lee Belnap. Other missionaries had passed from Boise or from Idaho but diddnt know who he was. So she always asked. I said that he was my uncle but she thout I was kidding. Then after a minute she knew I wasn't lying. It turns out That she had read and had a copy of the Reader's Digest which did a story on Grandma Belnap and her book. She loved the story and told me all about the 7 Brothers and Sisters and How hard it was for the family. She said she would read it over and over and cry. She drew strength from that Story. he talk about Aunt Pat and also about how Steve and Lee were best friends.It has made such a differance in her life. She is so happy because of that story. I loved talking to her and hearing about the family. It brought back so many feelings and memories of everyone. I felt so proud to be part of the family. I haven't really realized how much I recognize the other name on my tag. I am Anderson and Also Belnap. I am a representitive of our history and our hardships, our happy times and the Sad. It really hit me hard how much I love my Family and all that they have done for me.

I love this work so much. I know its true. Even though that inactive lady is inactive that story has keeped her testimony so strong. I know that the Lord always shows his tender mercys to his people. I love my Hevenly Father and all that he has given me. His son is so Important to me. He has changed my life and I know that trough me he will work miracles so that this world can recieve his mercy and Salvation.

I love you all and I'll let ya know how My first week went.

Elder Anderson

2 comments:

Arica said...

Oh Elder!
Turning 20 isn't so bad...I feel way more grown up being able to say that I'm 20 instead of something that has a -teen at the end! But then again you DO feel old...pros and cons to everything I guess.
I think that story about your Uncle was way cool. It's awesome how Heavenly Father puts people into our lives for a reason. I believe that with just about everyone that has touched my life for the better. :) I hope your first week went well.
Heart, Arica

Becca Jones said...

Spencer! First off, Happy Birthday! I love you buddy! Can you believe it's almost a year since you've been out?! Loved the story about your Uncle! Keep up the good work! P.S. California's the best- pass that on to the comp!
Love and miss you!
-Becca Jones