Wednesday, July 16, 2008

San Jose de Ocoa

Hey Everyone,
 
I´m doing great here in the DR. As I said before I was transfered to Ocoa. This place remindes me a little of McCall. It is way in hte top of hte mountains and is set in a little vally. All around the little city is mountains. I heard there are many waterfalls and caves here. So we will have some fun P-Days.  Also I am 2 bus rides from my old area of Nizao. Maybe one day I will show my kid, Elder Simmons the beach. Also our Area has a bunch of little towns or dwellings in the Mountains. So we went to a place called, Parra. This place was way in the mountains. It is about 8 kilometers up a huge and steep mountain. We spent the whole day up ther and learned that their used to be a huge mini  branch up there. But most of the peple went inactive. I had a feeling that we are needed in that area. So we will dedicate 2 days out of the week to see If  we can get things started up there again.  
 
 The members here are really cool. I have already fell good with the members. I love to talk to them and learn about them and the country.  We have recieved many references and the members like to go out with us. We are living with another pair of missionaries. One American and another a Dominican. The American is from my same group. His name is Elder Johnson. He´s from St. George.
 
Well it turns out  that 2 Dominicans before us did nothing in the Area. So we had to start over again. We have been contacting this entire week and now we have many new investigators. I love being in this area. It is so fun.  The people here love everyone. I have already made some great friendships. We are searching for families and nothing less. I know that the Lord will show us the way to them. There are so many great families here. This branch needs an energizer. The need new families and  strong testimonies. We are already seen hte fruits of our labors. It seems as theough a change has come over me. I´m teaching with more power and with  more authority. I have never felt this good in my life. I feel great as a missionary.
 
Elder Simmons is a cool kid from Idaho Falls. He went to BYU-Idaho before his mission. We love talking about Idaho and about everything. We are always joking around. Im so grateful for this opportuniy I have been given to be a Trainer. It is hard I will tell you that. I cant belive I started off as he did. Now I know Spanish almost perfectly. I´m really soaking up this opportunity to learn too. I told Elder Simmons that we are here to learn together. I´m not perfect and I told him I will make mistakes and that I´m not hte best missionary. I told him I want to share this message and help others come unto Christ. I love this Gospel and I´m traying so hard to help this people accept it. I love telling the story of Noah and how today a prophet is do the same thing.
 
He are being super obedient and are leaving even earlier than usual.  I want to help the people of Ocoa to be the strongest Branch in  the country. What they need are families and Priesthood. It all makes sence. If we preach that families are Eternal we need to be baptizing famlilies then. Many of the missionaries like to Baptize kid and Youth. I have a diffrent look on things. Im not looking for the long run but Im looking for immediate results and blessings. These families need  the Gospel. This transfer i´m going  to really push my prayers and I´m going to fast often. I know that we need his power and help, in order for us to fulfill his will.
 
I love you all and I will tell you all the great news we will have next week.
 
Elder Anderson

1 comment:

Arica said...

Elder Spud,
I'm excited on your new view on things!! It's amazing the amount of power you feel from the Lord...I know He strengthens you. I'm glad you realize how far you've come since the beginning of your mission and that you are progressing even further. It's great that you have someone from Idaho who you can relate too...be sure to tell him about all your crazy BYU-I stories...you always did know how to have a good time. Miss you and I'm happy you're doing well.
Heart,
Arica