Monday, December 22, 2008

The NEW guy.

This week was very interesting. For wendsday and thursday I was on an exchange with another Elder in my house, Elder Reber. We were to wait at our house for 2 days then we recieved both of the new missionaries. SO that means I am still in Hato Nuevo. I love this place. It is definantly one of my favorite areas in my mission. Elder Reber recived a new missionary from El Salvador. HIs name is Elder Gonzalez and he is really chill and cool. I love talking to latins. I love how friendly they are and how they talk. He reminds me of my second companion Elder Gonzalez that was in Nizao. I recived Elder Barnhurst. He is from Vernal, Utah. He is a super humble kid and really wants to learn. I love being able to share my knowledge with him. He really wants to be a good missionay and has a real desire to help people. Im glad that he is here to work. I will try to train him into a an Extraordinary missionary. My purpose is that he can start his mission great and to be a better missionary than I. AS of right now we have 10 investigators with baptismal dates. The work is really going. I know that faith and prayer is a big reason of the sucess that we have had here. Obeying the rules and really working hard has been a great blessing for me in my mission. I love being on a higher plain than the world. It is amazing how much of a differance we can make if we are example of rightousness.  People can look at that and then want to participate in it too. Elder Barnhurst is really hard for people to say here so they call him Van Helsing. Van Helsing is a movie. I know that I will have a great Christmas because I have a great familiy here. I know I will eat well too. We are to dine with many peple during the next week. Im sure that I will add a few pounds. ahhaha. Im excited for the new year which brings around new possibliities. I have some huge goals for hte next year and Im set on meeting them. I have learned so much about planning and about using time wisley. I have learned that many things really arent important and that many more great things are more important. I love singing christmas songs with everyone here. IN the church they sing christmas songs and also we sing during lessons. Im so gratefulo for a voice to sing with. I hope that the blessings of GOd may be with you all this week adn that his spirit can touch you all. I know I will feel your prayers and your spirits too. I pray for you always. I love you all so much.
 
 
Elder Anderson

No comments: