Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Well I had a great week this week. First off I want to tell you all about our Investigators. We had  11 people in church on Sunday. I was so pumped. I didnt know what to do with all of them. We had a full Investigators class too, with the 2 investigators from the other missionaries. We had a class on the law of Chasity. OUr teach is a young sister that just got off her mission in the East mission. I am so impressed with this ward here. There are tons of members because the retention is higher. Every is a friend and has something to do. We have gotten the ward to get up and work with us. And we have seen the benefits of their work. We also have been teaching Preach my Gospel to the members and encouraging them to help us and also to help themselves feel the joy that comes from missionary service. I walk with Preach my Gospel with me wherever I go. It has been a huge blessing. I have used it many times also before lessons and during lessions to know what to do in certain instantses. We also put 4 baptismal dates with a family. They are so prepared. Their names are Carlos, Yabell and their 2 kids 12 and 9 years old. They read the Book of Mormon together and love the gospel. It has completely changed them. It was a sacrifice to give up all the things they did. They always talk about the days before they met us and how they never want ot return to that. We also have a family of 9 people. Ramon, Dulce, and their 7 kids  20, 18, 16, 12, 11, 8, 7.  They are awesome and are reading the scriptures and the pamphlets we have given them.They didnt go to church though. They live very far from the church and to pay for 9 people is difficult. Ramon is a fisherman and walks 3 or 4 miles a day to fish in the rivers. We also have some other new families that we are teaching but havent gone to church. We just contacted tons of Apartment buildings and have plety of new investigators. We´ll see how many are the chosen ones of the Lord. We might have a few. Im always praying for the opportunity of finding the people ready to here the gospel. I know that pray is the way to go. It is so important to give a relating of the things we have done in the day and also the things we want to acomplish in the next day. I love to pray. It is so special. Sometimes I feel bad becuase I have been praying with not so much of a real intent. I have been humbled and have started strong again. We also had a great Zone COnfrence that I definantly needed. I love to get reapmt and ready to make miricles happen. I love how the president thinks. He has such an excitment when he speaks. I hope that I can learn much form him and put it into practice. Afterwards we went to a restuarant with the Zone and it was awesome. The president paid and We ate tons. He loves to feed us. As a house on thanksgiving we make the carcus soup and also have bread. But the main part was a roasted Chicken from a Pica Pollo or a place that sells fried chicken. BUt Today as a ZOne we ate a 15 pound turkey in a really rich members house. We invited the whole Zone and it was tight. We had Turkey, yams, that cranberry junk, Mashed potatoes and Carrots. It was just like a Thanksgiving but really hot and with all Missionaries. Im really gratefull for the many blessings that I have recieved from the Lord. I love God so much and for his DOn Jesus Crist too. I have such a strong tesimony of their existence. They live!!! And theyu talk to prophets today. WOOOOHOOOO. çIts that awesome. I love you all and wish the Best too all.
 
 
Elder Spencer William Anderson,               AKA SPUD!!!!!!!!!

No comments: