Monday, March 23, 2009

Hola mis queridos!!!!!

I LOVE BARAHONA. This place rocks. Miricles have been happening. IN less than a week we have put 11 baptimal dates for the next 3 weeks. 4 are scheduled for the General Confrence. They will be inbetween the sessions. We are also working super hard. >We are really trying to be examples to our misioneries. We leave in the mornings, eat than work for hours upon hours. I love it. I feel I´m living the mission the best I can. I want to end with a POW! It has been a crazy week here. First off we had a 3 and a half hour bus ride out to our area. We were also white washed as Zone Leaders out here. That means we knew no one and had to start with scratch. The missioneries before us left us with a couple investigators and one with a baptismal date. We work our little bums off and were blessed by being and doing the best we can.  My companion is Elder Jimenez. He is from the North Mission and is from Bonao. It is in the middle of hte DR. He is great. We love being together. He is really humble and loves to work. We are really going to turn this zone around. This zone is the worst zone on paper and the President has asked us to change it. Our first day we decided that no matter the past, will make it one of hte strongest zones. It has so much potential. We just need to work with super diligence. We need to put ourselves aside and put the work of Jesus Christ first. We need to love him more than anything. Lately I have been studing on how to be a Just, Rightous, Virtuous, and HOnrable man. I hope I can become like my brother Jesus Christ and also the member of my family. They are such great examples. I want to bring joy to so many people. I have learned to love the people and to smile and laugh with them. We have a recient convert with us and he loves the Gospel, but I cant describe here in this letter how much he loves the gospel. This man did a 180 and is now very strong in the Church. He has 3 months in the church and I asked him how many years he has in the church. HE just laughed and smiled. HE radiates this glad message his face eyes and body illuminate the streets. I too pray that I may be able to be an influence for good wherever I go. I invite all of you too to remember everthing we have and to share it. The prophet Joseph Smith taught that the most important thing to do in this life is preach the Gospel. I have seen so many members here be sunday morning members. We need to live the gospel and share it with everyone else so they may be able to sit with us in church. I love this work and this wonderful Area of Barahona. It is a District here and we are in the District Center. About 120 people assist our church´s sacrament meeting. The area is actually very well paved but in some parts it is dirt and rocks. Our house isnt such a great story be it is sufficent. We dont really stay their too much. We love to work. One funny thing about this place is that all the little kids here in Barahona have Whips. They have made homeade whips and know how to use them. Everywhere we go we can hear the cracks of the whips. I just laugh at the kids. We also live right next to the Mountains. I think we might go hiking. We are right next to the beach. There is a really big port here too. I got to see some big Tankers. It really is sunny here though. I now put sunscren on everyday.
 
Today for PDAY we played basketball in an Arena they have here. It had stadium seating adn also wood flooring. It was tight. We play with this 6 foot 9 guy. He was pretty good but I think it was because he was so tall.
 
Our house is really fun too. We live in a 4 man house. The other 2 misioneries are from the east mission and also from Puerto Rico. The misionary from Puerto Rico is crazy but really fun to be with. The other missionary is a huge balck man. and I mean buff. HIs last name is Mora and in English it is Blackberry. So we all call him blackberry. ahhahaha. I hope you all have a excellent week. Im positive I will. Live Stong and LIve Well.
 
Elder Spencer the MAN Anderson

No comments: