Monday, March 30, 2009

Enriqillo

This week was amazing. I had so many great experiences. First off, Elder Jimenez and I worked our bum bums off. And we were rewarded big time with a baptism. Mariel was baptized on the 28th and is really looking forward to being a missionary some day. She gave an amazing testimony at the baptism. This week Elder Jimenez and I did almost 1/2  of what the zone did. and our Zone isnt that small either. We did much work with the assistents and the president this week. We have really been in much communication with them. The president loves what we are doing out here in Barahona. So hes coming all the way out here to visit and work with us. I love him. We did so much work this week that I cant even remember what day it is, really, I dont know. All the days are intertwined. We are alwaays working and getting things done. We have comletely consecrated ourselves to the work. I love it. I really know what missionary work is all about. My mind has been so enlighted and the Spirit is so strong with us. We are always talking about the Mission and waht needs to happen in it. What do our missionaries need adn how we can teach them to be better. We love our investigators and are having great joy in our labors. As of right now for this month we have 16 baptisms planned. I only know that we are not alone in this work. THe Lord is leading us be his Spirit to his servants in the DR. This next week we will have 4 baptisms and in the next on the 11, 3 baptisms, and on the 18th we will have 8. The Branch is going nuts here. THey love what we are doing. Now hte Branch is starting to gget fired up. I promised them on Sunday as I gave a talk to them, that if they bring their friends and familiy to the church they would be baptized. I exhorted them that if they dont share these blessings with others then they are selfish and that they need to invite adn open up there mouths. It was a very spiritual meeting as Elder Jimenez adn I spoke. We decided to leave with a member everyday to visit our investigators. Our vision is the following
1. One Lesson
2. Attend Church and put a baptismal date
3. Follow up with member visits
4. Baptism and Retention
 
We love this work and are trying to do and be the best we can. I know that the Lord will bless us according to our Obedience, Faith, and Diligence in the work.
 
This week was also a Conference of all the Country (non capital or city zones) Zones. We learned many things from our President. He is very intelligent and is very close to the Spirit. We know that if we follow him that we will be blessed so thats exactly waht we do, OBEY, and look at what we have accomplished. We have done miricles in a place were they dont come often. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
 
I was on an intercambio in an area that is called Enriqillo. It is south of Barahina and almost 2 hours in a small bus. It was so beautiful. I got some great pictures of hte most blue and beautiful water I have ever seen. It is a paradise there. That area is really hurting so we decided that I go there to see what is up. What I found was an area that is very hard but on ly for hte people that think it is. We need to think positively and  we can do miricles. There an God´s elect people in every area. But it is according to our Work, Obedience, Faith, and Diligence that we will find them. This week was a little hard to see numbers really low from the areas and I know that they arent getting the picture. The mission isnt a game and it shouldnt be relaxing. We are here assigned by a PROPHET of GOD and we have the confidence in the calling that he gave us. If we do nothing we are mocking God and the Prophet. I know that God lives and that his son Jesus Christ that died on the cross, is ressurected and that he now leads and guides his church in these last days. We are the stripling warriors and the great missionaries of the day. If Nefi and Lehi baptizrd thousands, why can´t I and my companion.  Way cant we convert the whole Dominican Republic. All I know this that we lack much faith. We have so many testimonies and exhortations right in our faces. We need to step up and do what is of the upmost importance, and that is Preach the gospel.
 
 
I want you all to know that I love you and that I care for you all. I know that this is the True Church of JEsus Christ. I know with all my heart. The Holy Ghost has given me the opportunity to know for myself and I have steped up to the plate. Im here for life and to do all I can to bring blessing to others. I love this work. Im so Happy and I wish all of you a great confrence weekend. It will be super special for us because 4 elect brothers and sisters of ours will be baptized inbetween the afterneoon session and the Priesthood session. I´m so grateful for there choices and will be greatly blessed.
 
AdiĆ³s mis queridos hermanos y hermanas, nos vemos pronto, que se cuiden
 
ELDER Spencer William ANDERSON
 

No comments: